Thursday, July 06, 2006

Intro

Ok - this is my second attempt at a blog. I'm pretty sure that most bloggers have a few abortive online diaries - here's hoping I can make this one stick.

I'm due to visit Beirut in a few days, to collect interview material for a dissertation I'm writing on the Syrian-Lebanese relationship. Bearing in mind that I've never been much of a traveller, it should be a great experience (if slightly worrisome).

At the moment, I'm frantically finalising interviews, writing questions for those interviewees, and buying lightweight hippy clothes in anticipation of the sweltering heat of Lebanon.

On my return, I have a month or so before I move to Doha as a journalist at al-Jazeera. Hotter, and even more worrisome. In short, this blog will focus on my own personal experiences and musings as I trot my merry way around the Middle East. Hope it's interesting, at least to some of you...

No comments: